Welcome to The Kristen Carol :)
Do you get it? It's like a type of song......................
Kristen means "Believer in Christ". I am most definitely that. Carol is my middle name. I was born on Christmas day. Carol means "song of joy" I think my name works out perfectly for this blog and what I hope I can do in my songs, in my blog, in my life............ but most of all in myself.
OK so it's not like this big huge change or anything. I just wanted the name and address to be more fitting and I wanted the name and address to be the same as my You Tube channel.................. What in the world? The old Kristen would be like "why in the world would I have a You Tube channel?! I would never!" The new Kristen would say "oh ya, of course I have a you tube channel, excuse me I'm going to go post a song, it's so fun."
So I hope you had a happy Easter. I did. The Easter bunny came to our house Saturday night. We are just going to keep celebrating the rest of the month. We still haven't found time to dye all those eggs Nate boiled. The Easter bunny is a believer in Christ too and didn't want to distract from the actual day and it's true meaning so he came Saturday night. Sunday, Nate and the fabulous 5 and I had a lovely breakfast together. We talked to the kids about our Savior and how he over came death and because he did so will we. We told them about when we were little kids and the first time we came to know that Jesus was real and that he loved us. We told them that because Jesus suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane we don't have to pay the price of justice for our sins. We just have to repent and try not to make the same mistake again. We taught and testified and they sat there like little open hearted receptive souls. It was beautiful. This is beautiful too.
My friend Andrea at church yesterday told me she was blog stalking me and really enjoyed my blog. She was so sincere and encouraging. I have felt hesitant to blog or post songs lately because I care too much about what other people think of me. I worry that they'll think I'm crazy or trying to be famous or wanting attention. These thoughts block happy creative ones. Hence, fewer blog posts. I really want this blog to be a happy bright spot to come to on the Internet. There are 2 blogs that I love to read every day. When they don't post I feel bummed, then I feel worried about my funny cjane and my sweet nie nie. I know how I count on them to give me a little boost. I know I'm not them, I'm just me, but if I am already a happy spot for someone then I don't want to not post because I'm worried somebody else thinks I'm a kook. Thank you Andrea for reminding me of what I already knew but forgot for a minute. Your kindness is what I needed.
Today I practiced with Danny a song I wrote a song about a year ago. It's called The War. It was the biggest adrenaline rush to write it. The guitar part I wrote for it is really simple but the minor chords and the beat created enough of the intense feeling that I felt as I wrote the song. Last Thursday I got together with Danny to let him hear the song and see what kind of genius guitar magic he could come up with. He had heard the song last year shortly after I wrote it. At that point I was way too freaked to play and sing in front of anyone so I had him listen to the recording I'd made on my iphone. I've played it and sung it for him a couple times since then. He sat down without the words in front of him. I briefly explained to him the feeling I wanted to convey. He then proceeded to whip out this intensely amazing, rock star, adrenaline injecting guitar part. Listening to him and watching his hands about made me scream like I was on a roller coaster. I couldn't do that though I was supposed to be singing the words. It was awesome. When I'm an old woman sitting in my rocking chair knitting (I love knitting) I'll tell my grand kids about the day I wrote that song and the day Danny invented the guitar part for it. It was that fun. We practiced again today and hopefully we'll record it on Saturday. Having that little hour practice to look forward to helps me get through lots of temper tantrums and piles of laundry and dishes. Actually I don't mind laundry and dishes compared with temper tantrums.
Hope your Easter was a hopeful happy one. If not, find a way to make it up to yourself.
Love it! and yes we will keep Andrea around ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the name of your blog! Maybe I should name my biz Natalie's Joys! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the name.
ReplyDelete